Jackson Hole's Best Party Band!
Founded in 2005, Mandatory Air is a high-energy, 7-piece, band fueled by the talented Miller Sisters on lead vocals. Influenced by rock, funk, soul and R&B, the band has a large and eclectic repertoire of cover songs as well as many of their own originals. Based in Jackson Hole, WY, we've played some epic parties, including the legendary Heck of a Hill parties, tons of public shows, and countless weddings and private events. Get in touch if you're interested in hiring us for your event!
Meet the Band
- Candice and Karee Miller shine as the stars of Mandatory Air. They engage the audience throughout the night with their electrified, inviting stage presence and soulful, resonant vocals. The Miller Sisters have been singing together since they were kids, creating a bond that transcends the physical world, ventures into the uncharted, and captures every listener in the process.
- Marshall Davis lays down the big bottom groove with his 5-string bass and his deep passion for finding the pocket in every jam. Marshall's experience comes from the Santa Cruz, CA music scene where he played in the popular bands Pan Kind, Soul Cellar, and Dream West.
- Jason Baggett began playing drums at the age of ten. His teachers include Keith Brown, Billy Martin, and Johnny Vidacovich. Deeply influenced by rock bands of the 60s and 70s and formally trained in jazz, Jason is a versatile, sensitive, and powerful musician. He is a founding member of the band One Ton Pig, and has shared the stage with Brian Jordan, David Gans, Chris Baron, and The Travelin' McCourys. He lays down the solid, funky foundation that the band builds on.
- On keyboards, Mark Longfield's smooth, dance-provoking rhythms and solos add rich textures to the music. From Fender Rhodes style R&B Funk to classic B-3 organ, Mark generates an arsenal of funky and soulful sounds that lace each song, while his solos dazzle the audience with melodic intercourse.
- Mac Munro fills out the rhythm section with his percussive quiver, including conga, bongo, and timbale drums, creating intricate and interlocking beats with drummer Jason Baggett. Mac's talent as a percussionist surfaced in Jackson Hole when he played in the popular band Mad Cow.
- On lead guitar, John Pansewicz responds to the groove with his eccentric, improvisational playing. John's out-front solos are delivered with confidence and emotion, while his classic tone and his undying commitment to the groove elevate the band into high levels of improvisational jamming.